||Inland sea, Läänemeri
||passenger and cargo vessel
||The steamship Dago was built in England in 1912 as a cargo ship. The ship was taken into use by the Russian navy during WWI, and was rebuilt as an armed minesweeper carrying the bow number 4.
||Minesweeper no. 4 (Dago) was anchored W of Osmussaar on 23 October 1915 (5 november O.S.) due to bad weather, when she was attacked by the German submarine U-9. The torpedo was shot from a short distance and hit the minesweeper right in the centre. The vessel foundered immediately. 7 crew members were killed, survivors were rescued.
||Capacity 1090 BRT; length 67,11 meters and width 11,08 meters.
||The wreck is located on the W side of Osmussaar, at a depth of 34 meters on a flat seabed.
|Allika viited ja kirjandus:
||Õun, M. & Ojalo, H. 2011. Võitlused Läänemerel 1914-1918. Esimene maailmasõda koduvetes.
||14 June 1998
||Estonian Maritime Museum